Capacitive touch screen is a common touch screen technology, which uses the principle of capacitance to detect the user's touch. Capacitive touch screens consist of a layer of sensors made of a transparent conductive material such as indium tin oxide or indium zinc oxide, usually covering the surface of the display.
When the user touches the capacitive touch screen, the position of the touch will change the distribution of the electric field, resulting in a change in the capacitance value. A touchscreen controller measures changes in these capacitance values and converts them to digital signals to determine where the user has touched. Therefore, capacitive touch screens do not require mechanical buttons or pressure sensors, but can detect user input by lightly touching or approaching the screen.
The advantages of capacitive touch screens include high sensitivity, fast response, high reliability, and multi-touch support. They are widely used in various electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablet computers, e-book readers, car navigation, ATM machines, etc.
To apply a touch screen on a TFT LCD, the following steps are required:
1. Choose suitable touch screen and TFT LCD, make sure their interface and size are compatible.
2. Connect the touch screen and TFT LCD to the circuit board respectively. Touch screens usually need to be connected to a touch screen controller, while TFT LCDs need to be connected to an LCD controller.
3. According to the specifications of the touch screen and TFT LCD, set up the circuit and software on the circuit board to ensure that they communicate correctly and can work together.
4. Write a software driver so that the application can interact with the TFT LCD through the touch screen. This usually requires the use of specific touchscreen and LCD controller APIs and an understanding of the characteristics and limitations of touchscreens and TFT LCDs.
5. Test and debug the system to ensure that the touch screen and TFT LCD are working properly and that the application responds correctly to user input.
Send your inquiry directly to us